Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Anthropologie Reviews!!!

Hey everyone, hope you are enjoying a beautiful weekend! NYC is experiencing more lovely Spring weather, and I made sure to get outside for some fun in the sun. Of course, the weekend would not be complete without a stop at my favorite store, Anthropologie!!!! I went back to the Chelsea Market location and was pleasantly surprised to see tons of stuff that I've been eyeing online.

Let's get started with Maeve's Impressionist's Dream Dress. I've been salivating over this one ever since it hit the website. What a glorious combination of colors and SUCH a pretty floral pattern!

Based on earlier reviews on other blogs, I made sure to size down to a zero. I found the overall fit to be pretty nice, although the front tended to flop a little around the bust...nothing a little safety pin can't fix, however! I wasn't entirely blown away by this dress, though. Something about the fit seemed a bit boxy and a little "off." However, there's no denying that it's a pretty dress and I may pick it up if/when it hits the sale rack!





I really couldn't wait to try on the Graphical Dress by Edme & Esyllte. I was super excited to see that it comes in both a vibrant, bold blue shade and a coral/teal color combo. My heart was set on the blue version, but it turns out that I like both of them so much, I really can't decide which one to bring home. (Please don't even think of encouraging me to buy both! My wallet can't handle it!;))













I've also been really intrigued by the Fresh Current Dress by Girls from Savoy. Now, the boyfriend tells me that the pattern is too busy, but you know what? I loved it! The color combination is really pretty, featuring a lovely palette of blue, green, and peach shades. I also adore the wide straps and the shape of this dress, although I felt it would look better belted or with some slight alterations to nip in the waist a bit more. What do you think, readers, do you like it? Hate it? Weigh in with your opinion and help me decide whether or not to bring this one home!







Almost as an afterthought, I grabbed this oldie but goodie, the Tracy Reese Speckled Ink Dress, now available in 2 new colors, dark gray and purple. I decided to try on the purple version, and ended up really liking the look of this.

I tried on a small based on my experience with the earlier blue version (which seemed to be ill-fitting and run ridiculously tiny), but this one seemed to fit so much better. The length was a bit longer and the cut was better overall. The soft purple shade was really pretty and went well with my blue eyes. On the downside, the material is pretty flimsy, so I'm still not convinced that this is something that I NEED to have, but maybe when it goes on sale...





Since I was running out of time, I grabbed multiple pieces and threw them all on at once. I've been dying to try on the gorgeous little Elevated Eyelet Blazer by Tiakonhu, and it did not disappoint. In fact, it's even prettier in person. The greens and pinks in the fabric have more of a "pop" than the photos convey, and the fit was great. I tried it on with Girls from Savoy's Gyroscope Skirt (took a size 0 in both items), which was also really cute. I love the bold graphic pattern and the soft pastel shades on this skirt. It did fit a bit snugly, so I may try the size 2 before opting to buy.





I almost squealed with glee when I spotted Deletta's Fallings Fleur Tank on display. I grabbed the pink version, which is more of a dusty rose shade. Oodles and oodles of ruffles and flowers adorn the front of this lovely frock...it was love at first sight, or so I thought. When I tried this on, I was very disappointed. The color really seemed to wash me out, and I felt like I was drowning in all the details in the front. I'm all for embellishment, but this was ridiculous. Very messy and sloppy looking, so it wouldn't make a great layering piece, at least in my humble opinion. Gonna have to pass this one up ladies, but maybe some of you will like it better than I did.







I'll end this set of reviews with a look at the Windy Dunes Cardigan by Moth. I tried this on in the beautiful turquoise shade. The only good thing I can say about this sweater is that the color is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I was not impressed at all with the look and fit. I tried on an XS and found that it hung off my narrow frame in all the wrong places, resulting in a sloppy, ill-fitting appearance. I wish Anthro would make more items in this color, though!





Well, ladies, what do you think? See anything on here that you like? Don't be shy, drop me a line and let me know!:)

Off to enjoy what's left of the weekend. I'll be back soon to discuss more great fashion!

4 comments:

  1. I love that first dress! I checked that out for our engagement shoot too, thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Graphical dress in blue looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the blue Graphical dress is coming home with me next payday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to get the speckled ink dress! It looks amazing on you. So flattering!!

    ReplyDelete