Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Anthropologie has just KILLED my budget!!!!

Hi readers, hope everyone is doing well on this fine Wednesday evening...we made it through another "hump" day, and only 2 more days until the weekend! Yay!

Now, onto the IMPORTANT stuff...all those amazingly gorgeous new offerings on the Anthropologie site! I swear, every time I tell myself that I won't be buying any more clothes for a long time, they break out the new season's selection and all thoughts of budgets and savings go right out the window!

Now, many other bloggers have already done the honor of showcasing most of the latest stuff, so I'm just going to show you all the pieces that I hope beyond hope will end up in MY closet...

Drum roll, please...

First up, we have this insanely beautiful offering from Tracy Reese, the Pictureshow Dress.

This dress is absolutely to-die-for, in my opinion. The fifties-style cut with the full A-line skirt makes this very flattering for most figure types, and the embroidery is so exquisite. Just look at those flowers!!!!! I die! This dress may be too fancy for most, but I love it and will find a way to make it come home with me, even if it means Ramen noodles for a month! (Only kidding, dear boyfriend!)



For more casual days, I just adore the Sun Grown Tank, especially the light gray version. I'm such a sucker for anything with flowers and rosettes, and the entire front of the tank is adorned with these beauties! My only concern is that the material appears to be a bit sheer online, so I will have to try this on in person before bringing it home.



Next we have the Blooming Brilliance top by Leifsdottir. I sort of shudder when I see that brand name listed, because I know the price tag will be outrageous, and it sure was in this instance...this little baby is nearly $230! GASP! Seems a bit ridiculous for a little top, but the color is the most amazing blue shade, and I love the one shoulder design. Plus, anyone who knows me will tell you that I am a sucker for anything blue! My whole closet would be filled with that shade if I thought I could get away with it!!!:)



This little number is more my speed price-wise. Ringing in at just under $80, the Ode to Spring Tank is soooooooooo adorable! The jersey material looks super comfy, I love the plaid background, and of course, there are the the little flowers that adorn the neckline. I could definitely work this cutie into my wardrobe for spring. I think it would make an adorable layering piece, and it's coming home with me soon!




Finally, I leave you with this super cute jacket from Idra, the Curio Collar Jacket.

I absolutely love, love, love every detail of this amazing little thing...each detail takes the ordinary spring coat and turns it into something extraordinary!!! The neutral beige shade will work well on most skin tones, and I love the ruffles and rhinestones!!!! Definitely not your ordinary, ho-hum, basic spring jacket, and a must-have addition to my wardrobe!

I also think this would be very versatile, and would look super cute paired with jeans, a skirt or a dress. You decide what works for you...there are a million ways to wear this darling little jacket!





That's about all I can handle for now, lovely readers. I hope you enjoyed the new offerings half as much as I did, and feel free to drop me a line to tell me what YOU hope to bring home from the batch!

1 comment:

  1. The Pictureshow dress is so beautiful. Unfortunately I have absolutely nothing to wear it to, and it looks like it's the same color as my pale skin :/ Loving the Sun Grown Tank though!

    ReplyDelete