Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews!!!

Hey, readers, hope you're all having a lovely weekend so far! As promised, I headed over to my local Anthropologie store for a fun-filled afternoon of trying on new dresses and tops, and I'm back to share my oh-so-honest opinion with you guys.

First up is the super-talked-about Tracy Reese Pictureshow Dress. Wow, guys, I'm not sure where to begin with this one, but it definitely had a LOT going on. First, the good stuff...the detailing was beautiful and the fit was pretty true to size.

However, with that being said, there was just way too much happening with this dress!!! I hated the top of this, as well. It doesn't mesh well at all with the intricate detailing on the fabric of the skirt. Also, I felt that the skirt itself was just too flouncy. I seriously had flashbacks of my first grade ballet recital tutu!!!!!

The real killer for me was the color of the dress, though...the neutral shade blended EXACTLY with my skin tone, making me look super washed out. I couldn't wait to put this one back on the rack!





The next item that I tried on is the brand-spanking-new Anna Sui Dewbud Tee. The color is the most gorgeous, amazing shade of turquoise blue and the detailing down the front is fantastic.

However, readers, I was so disappointed with the fit! I take a zero in Anthro tops, so I grabbed the XS version of this one and it was HUGE on me. The armholes gaped so much, I would definitely have needed a tank underneath this, and the waist was several inches too big on each side. I also wasn't crazy about the tunic length of this. Being that I'm only 5'4", I try to get items that hit me at my waist so my legs look as long as possible. Gonna have to pass on this one, as well. Too bad, it had great potential!





Next, I tried on the Two Paths Trench by Idra and I LOVE THIS!!!! Wow, so unexpected! Seeing the photo online, I wasn't completely sold, but I am now and can't wait to buy this when I get paid again! Everyone needs a great neutral trench for spring, and I just adore the tiered
hemline...very different and almost a vintage feel to this! I grabbed this in a 0 and a 2, and the 0 fit like a dream.





The next item that I tried on was the Caballo Falls Dress by Lil, and let me tell you, it is even prettier in person than the photo online. UNFORTUNATELY, my pics were extremely blurry and do NOT do this beautiful dress justice...but the colors are simply breathtaking in person, very vibrant shades of teal.

I needed a 2 in this dress, because the 0 felt a little tight in the ribcage, but I definitely plan to grab this one next payday, as well. Perfect for warm, sunny summer days with a tall Pina Colada by my side...



On a more casual note, I grabbed the sky blue version of C. Keer's Climbing Cowlneck jersey top. The drapey fabric is super comfortable and the color is pretty, but this one was way too sheer for my taste. I would definitely need a cami underneath this, and the material is so flimsy, it wouldn't look right at all.





Okay, guys, so we had some hits and misses here, but I always appreciate an honest review and hope you find my feedback helpful!!! Have a great rest of the weekend and I'll be back soon with even more reviews of fabulous items!

No comments:

Post a Comment