Sunday, June 27, 2010

Topsy-Turvy

Hi ladies, hope you're enjoying a terrific weekend! I've been a bit under the weather, so it's been a low key weekend for me. It's all good, though, sometimes we need a few days to just relax and recharge. I'm definitely on the mend!

I've been spending some time over on Anthropologie's website, and I'm head over heels in love with so many of their tops and sweaters. Honestly, girls, if this is just a taste of the new pre-fall items, I am going to be bankrupt by September!!! Have to be good, have to stay on budget...

That being said, here are some noteworthy new items that I just adore.

I'll kick things off with this cute little cotton number by Deletta, the Trickle Down Top. It comes in 4 lovely colors, but my favorite is the shade that they call "lilac." Now, in my opinion, this is NOT lilac at all. In fact, it's more of a plum or berry shade to me, but regardless, it's super cute. I love the chiffon ruffle detail adorning the front of this, and the fabric appears to be a bit more substantial than some of the sheer t-shirts that I've tried on at Anthropologie recently.



Another Deletta top that's also on my radar is the beautiful Popham Beach Top. It comes in lovely shades of ivory and dark orange, but my preference is the orange version since my mind is already looking ahead towards the fall. I just love the ruffles and gorgeous clusters of chiffon seashells that adorn the neckline. Definitely a dressy, contemporary spin on your basic cotton t-shirt.



Moving on to sweaters, Guinevere's Curlytop Cardigan is back in the most gorgeous shade of sky blue! Honestly, readers, I nearly bought the grey version when it first came out, but since it was already near the end of winter, I felt I couldn't justify spending the money at the time. Well, now that they've introduced this lovely new shade, it will definitely be coming home with me in the near future.

I just love the little details of this sweater...the pointelle knit, the corkscrew ruffles, the way it nips in at the waist, creating such a perfect hourglass shape...it has to be mine!



Last up is Sleeping on Snow's beautiful Flower to Flower Vest. This piece is so striking! I love the chunky sweaterknit fabric, the drapey neckline, and the rose appliques that adorn the shoulders. This would be just beautiful over a dress on those cool, early fall evenings out on the town.

What I DON'T love is the $168 price tag, so this one needs to hit the sales rack before I can bring it home with me.



Well, that's all I've got for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. those are some exqusite pieces from anthropologie! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Popham Beach Top is ravishing! i'm quite in love with it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete